Friday, August 15, 2014

Awesomeguy Flash File -- AG20

There is a new (somewhat new) version of Awesomeguy on line. It's called AG-2.0, and it incorporates aspects of gameplay from the Android version of Awesomeguy and also the Android version of Awesome-flyer. The link to the flash file is below.

http://davidliebman.org/flash/awesomeguy-flash/


It even has some of the old levels from the Android Awesomeguy. It doesn't have all the levels, but it has four or five. I suppose that that leaves room for future development.

It makes a lot of use of xml files, so new levels can be added by incorporating extra xml files. The xml files are pretty easily read in flash. I also wrote some special programs for editing the xml files that are programmed in java. I also still use the windows 'Mappy' program to create tilemaps for my games. That means the finished AG20 game uses flash, java, and a windows application for configuring the levels.

Along the way I did try out the adobe air Android APK packaging. I actually got a version of the swf file to run on an Android device, but it was so slow that I didn't pursue it. The Android version is fastest as a java-jni-C app. Maybe some time in the future I will revisit that app and try to make the java interface nicer. The actual running of the game will probably not change from its present version, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment